[gmx-users] Dummies usage doubts

Jones de Andrade johannesrs at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 08:42:23 CEST 2007

Thanks Prof. David.

I've done all that now, but at the moment I'm locked getting lots of the
"lovelly" error:

Warning: 1-4 interaction between 7 and 16 at distance 4.302 which is larger
than the 1-4 table size 1.000 nm
These are ignored for the rest of the simulation
This usually means your system is exploding,
if not, you should increase table-extension in your mdp file
step 0Segmentation fault

I've visually checked the .gro file, and the atoms mentioned are not from
start at such crazy distances. I've included extra exclusions between the
virtual sites and the atoms that are at "one" and "two" "bonds" away.

Does it means I should include also the 1-4 in the exclusions or pair
sections? Sorry, never dealt with dummy sites before this. I thought using a
pre-equilibrated box with a different model would at least avoid explosion
problems, so or I missing something, of this assumption was completelly
wrong.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Sincerally yours

Jones