[gmx-users] GROMACS/G03 QM/MM

Bryan Op't Holt boptholt at stanford.edu
Wed Oct 17 03:33:54 CEST 2007

Hey-

I've compiled GROMACS 3.3.2 linked with Gaussian03. I want to run a
QM/MM calculation. When I run 'mdrun' from the command line, I get
this Seg Fault error:

QM/MM calculation requested.
Layer 0
nr of QM atoms 1
QMlevel: RHF/6-31+G*

number of CPUs for gaussian = 1
memory for gaussian = 50000000
accuracy in l510 = 8
NOT using cp-mcscf in l1003
Level of SA at start = 0
Segmentation fault

When I run 'gdb mdrun', set my input files and then 'run' in gdb, I
get this error (same thing with more detail):

QM/MM calculation requested.
Layer 0
nr of QM atoms 1
QMlevel: RHF/6-31+G*

number of CPUs for gaussian = 1
memory for gaussian = 50000000
accuracy in l510 = 8
NOT using cp-mcscf in l1003
Level of SA at start = 0

0x0000003d1776ff40 in strlen () from /lib64/tls/libc.so.6

I have been able to successfully run a pure MM minimization using
mdrun from my command line, but it runs into problems for QM/MM. Any
ideas on what the problem is and how I can fix it?

Thanks,
Bryan

Bryan T. Op't Holt
Postdoctoral Researcher, Solomon Group