[gmx-users] time constants for the Parrinello-Rahman/nose-hoover coupling

Erik Lindahl lindahl at cbr.su.se
Sun Oct 21 23:54:47 CEST 2007

Hi,

Yes, you should. As I think we write somewhere in the manual or mdp
file documentation, for Berendsen coupling the time constant refers
to the exponential relaxation time, while for N-H or P-R they
correspond to the period of the fluctuations between the system and
reservoir. Typically I would set them 4-5 times longer than the
Berendsen values.

Cheers,

Erik