[gmx-users] No improvement in scaling on introducing flow control

himanshu khandelia hkhandelia at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 14:42:58 CEST 2007

Hi Carsten,

Thank you very much for the prompt reply.

I know very little  about network architecture, and therefore
understand your explanation only partly. Based on what you say,
however, would it be fair to conclude that on the quad core
woodcrests, it will not be possible to improve scaleup without
altering the network architecture hardware itself ? Do you think it
will be worthwhile to test an all-to-all optimization at all ?

Thank you,

-Himanshu