[gmx-users] No improvement in scaling on introducing flow control

himanshu khandelia hkhandelia at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 15:00:56 CET 2007

Hi Carsten,

The benchmarks were made is 1 NIC/node, and yet the scaling is bad.
Does that mean that there is indeed network congestion ? We will try
using back to back connections soon,

-himanshu

 maybe your problem is not even flow control, but the limited network
bandwidth which is shared among 4 CPUs in your case. I also have done
benchmarks on Woodcrests