[gmx-users] langevin dynamics

Syma Khalid syma.khalid at bioch.ox.ac.uk
Tue Oct 30 17:55:59 CET 2007

Dear all,

I was wondering if someone could offer some advice?

I would like to run an atomistic langevin dynamics simulation (as I don't
want to include water explicitly). If I add the appropriate langevin
dynamics options in the mdp file, then is there any reason why I shouldn't
use explicit counter ions (unfortunately my protein has an overall charge)?

Obviously I would use periodic boundary conditions so the ions don't wander
off.

Many thanks in advance for your suggestions/comments,

-Syma

Dr Syma Khalid
RCUK Fellow (Chemical Biology)
School of Chemistry