[gmx-users] gromacs mdrun problems

Jonathan Spicer j.m.spicer at sms.ed.ac.uk
Mon Sep 3 15:44:09 CEST 2007

Hi
    I'm currently setting up some machines to run gromacs (3.3.1) and
have run into a problem with mdrun and mdadm. I have (hopefully)
successfully compiled gromacs but when running the demo in
/share/tutor/gmxdemo i get either :

mdamd: error reading /dev/md-nice : no such file or folder

 or when modifying the demo to include --auto=md or =mdp in the mdrun
commands i get

mdadm: /dev/md-nice not identified in config file.

i know that the mdadm is used in controlling raid devices, however i'm
not sure of it's application here or any possible fix for this

any help in this in much appreciated
many thanks
Jonathan Spicer