[gmx-users] frozen group, pull code and COM motion removal

Allen Smith easmith at beatrice.rutgers.edu
Tue Sep 11 01:29:49 CEST 2007

In message <46E42EE4.2040705 at xray.bmc.uu.se> (on 9 September 2007 19:35:32
+0200), spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se (David van der Spoel) wrote:
>[someone] wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Recently, I performed a simulation which have three groups: frozen group
>> (there's no connections with the other groups), free group (peptide),
>> mobile group (using AFM pulling of the pull code) . How should I set the
>> comm._mode and comm _grps in the mdp file?
>>
>more info please.

I believe at least part of the question is whether a frozen group will be
moved at all by the COM motion removal (e.g., if rotation of the rest of the
system to cancel out center-of-mass motion might do something like leaving
the frozen part behind).

      -Allen

--
Allen Smith			         http://cesario.rutgers.edu/easmith/
There is only one sound argument for democracy, and that is the argument