[gmx-users] g_anaeig: Segmentation fault

ZT Yew jamieno10 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 11 11:46:47 CEST 2007

Hi,

I have gromacs3.3.1 on Ubuntu 6.06 - installed using package manager.

I have a receptor bound to a peptide and I want to investigate the dynamics of just the receptor without the peptide.

I used make_ndx to make an index file with only CA of the receptor.

Then used g_covar to generate the eigenvectors of the covar. matrix, where the input traj is that of the receptor bound to the peptide. Everything worked fine (or at least there's no error messages.)

Using g_anaeig -v eigenvec.trr -eig eigenvalue.xvg -proj -first 1 -last 10 gives a segmentation fault. (I've tried just g_anaeig -v eigenvec.trr and the same error appears).

Is it something to do with my installation? Does anyone have experience installing gromacs on ubuntu 6,06?

Please advise.

Thanks!

ZT