[gmx-users] To deshuffle or not to deshuffle, that is a question.

Yang Ye leafyoung at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 14 17:45:29 CEST 2007

On 9/14/2007 5:35 PM, steletch at jouy.inra.fr wrote:
> Selon Yang Ye <leafyoung at yahoo.com>:
>

>> Deshuffling shall be made before 2), 3) and 4).
>>

> Furthermore, be aware that if you use the 'sort' option, you'll also need to
> desort ...
> IIRC, there is a g_desort program that does all in one (it was published on the
> list some time ago), and should be avaialbe in next gromacs version.
>
> Stéphane

Instead, -shuffle and -sort will all disappear in the next version. I
encourage Frankie to benchmark the speed-up ratio, especially it is not
a membrane system. I know that people would not use -sort/shuffle so as
not to mess things up for some "little" lost in speed. That's just alright.
>> On 9/14/2007 11:36 AM, Frankie Montenegro wrote:
>>
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> A stupid question: I got myself confused with this
>>> shuffling/deshuffling thing, which I
>>>  shouldn't have been doing with protein in the first place. So this
>>> are my steps, done
>>>  on the same 4 nodes, please tell me whether I was supposed to do any
>>> deshuffling
>>>  of .trr and .gro files, and following which steps:
>>> 1)minimization, supplied output .gro to the next step
>>> 2)equilibration, supplied output .gro to the next step
>>> 3) NVT run, supplied output .gro and .trr to the next step
>>> 4) NPT run
>>>
>>> A simple YES or NO for each step will suffice.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Frankie