[gmx-users] Troubles with genbox and random insertion

Shay Amram shayamra at post.tau.ac.il
Tue Sep 18 15:45:10 CEST 2007

Ah ok now I get it.

Thanks Ran, Thanks Vasilii.

-Shay

  _____

From: gmx-users-bounces at gromacs.org [mailto:gmx-users-bounces at gromacs.org]
On Behalf Of Ran Friedman
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2007 15:35
To: Discussion list for GROMACS users
Subject: Re: [gmx-users] Troubles with genbox and random insertion

If I understood you correctly, you wanted to have different random
orientations of the molecules around your protein. To get N different
orientations, you should run genbox N times with N different seeds.

Ran.

Shay Amram wrote:

Greetings Ran,

I tried to add the -seed flag as you said, at the end of each genbox (with
different various numbers), and it doesn't help.

(ran the following command:)

genbox -cp cent_tim.gro -ci plm.gro -nmol 4 -o 1PLM_tim.gro -seed 4

Each time I change the number after "-seed" I get a different GRO file,

But no matter how many time I run genbox with the same number after "-seed"
I always get the same GRO file in the end.

Is it possible that there's something wrong in the system settings?
Something that has to do with the way genbox chooses random numbers?

Thanks,

-Shay

  _____