[gmx-users] topology of Alpha d-mannopyranosyl (1-6) alpha d-mannopyranose

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Wed Sep 19 14:50:29 CEST 2007

See below, and http://wiki.gromacs.org/index.php/Force_Fields

> 2- How can I most reliably produce topologies for my disaccharide that will
> be placed in a water box to perform MD?

pdb2gmx... you should find and do some tutorial material to learn about
this.

> I am quite new to MD methods therefore I apologize already now if I put
> forward something incoherent.

You should definitely be doing some background reading of textbooks and
tutorials if you haven't yet come across the phenomena of united-atom
and all-atom force fields. MD simulations are fabulously easy ways to
generate very expensive random numbers, and there's no substitute for
library work and careful experimentation. The first few chapters of the
GROMACS manual are a good place to start.