[gmx-users] POPC simulation

Moutusi Manna mou2c_21 at yahoo.co.in
Wed Sep 19 15:48:50 CEST 2007

  thanks for reply.I want to perform simulation of popc membrane.
  Steps which i have done are as follows:
  1. download popc128a.pdb, popc.it,lipids.itp
  (http://moose.bio.ucalgary.ca/index.php?page=Structures_and_Topologies)
  2. download ffgmx_lipids files
  3.convert POPC of .top & popc.itp into POP as in popc.gro
  4. #include "ffgmx.itp"
  #include "lipid.itp"
  #include "popc.itp"
  #include "ffgmxnb.itp"
  #include "ffgmxbon.itp"
  ................ in my .top file.

  Now when I perform
  pdb2gmx -ff gmx -f popc128a.pdb -o popc.gro -p popc.top
  it shows the error that"Residue 'POP' not found in residue topology database".
  I think that's because of the fact that ffgmx.rtp do not
  contain "POP" residue ,but it has DPPC residue.
  Plz suggest how can i solve this problem.
  thanks.