[gmx-users] Re: "Impulsive" motion resulting from AFM pulling

Maik Goette mgoette at mpi-bpc.mpg.de
Fri Sep 21 10:25:45 CEST 2007

Hmm.....looks really strange...
What do you see in a visualization of the trajectory?
Do you see the whole tube hopping?
Or does it somehow stretch and shrink?
To me, the wells look somehow harmonic, what may be related to the
spring (constant). Maybe, try a different spring constant for testing.
Is the position you plot the com or the pull group?

Regards

Maik Goette, Dipl. Biol.
Theoretical & computational biophysics department
Am Fassberg 11
37077 Goettingen
Germany
Tel.  : ++49 551 201 2310