[gmx-users] How to move a rigid wall?

wendung at umich.edu wendung at umich.edu
Fri Sep 21 23:40:18 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I am doing tribology study. My system contains several oil molecules
and they are confined within two rigid walls (PBCs perpendicular to the
walls are used). To define the rigid wall, I set the atoms of the wall
as freeze-group. Now I want to move the rigid wall to either compress
the oil molecules or move two rigid walls parallelly to see how the
movement will influence the motion of oil molecules. I figured out that
once the atoms are set as freeze-group they will not move at all. Could
someone advise me how to let the frozen atoms to move intentionally?

Thanks,

W. D. Hsu
Department of Mechanical Engineering University of Michigan