[gmx-users] Using GROMACS to do colloid simulations

Yang Ye leafyoung at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 25 22:33:42 CEST 2007

Perhaps you shall look Espresso (http://www.espresso.mpg.de/) for
coarse-grain simulation. Espresso saved my PhD thesis after spending
more than one year's time in engaging GROMACS to do what I desired.

Because of the size of the colloid simulation system, the expensive PME
calculation will drag GROMACS' fastest non-bonded calculation to make it
not so fast. GROMACS' mission is to create a specialized and highly
optimized engine. Espresso allows you to prototype the simulation system
and provides more freedom without going to the source code level.