[gmx-users] Reading XTC files from fortran90

Jones de Andrade johannesrs at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 17:15:08 CEST 2007

Hi Tsjerk.

Thanks for the prompt answer.

Good idea, I can take the atom names from a .gro file, nad, probably some
strange algorithm can also get the number of atoms per molecule and number
of molecules from there, am I right? That would help a lot.

But: I'll still be unable to get atomic masses and point charges. No to
mention the box shape. :( And I'll need a way to read these parameters too,
unless I begin to write all them in a really awfull and strange index file.

>From what I can understand on the "file logistics" of gromacs, these
information are only stored in the whole ".top .itp .atp .rtp structure of
files" or, in a condensed form, in the ".tpr" file. Is that right?

Thanks a lot for all the information and help!

Sincerally yours,

Jones