[gmx-users] error with pdb2gmx when using AMBER ff in GROMACS

OZGE ENGIN OZENGIN at KU.EDU.TR
Tue Apr 1 00:33:08 CEST 2008

Justin, thank you very much for your attention. This is totally my fault. After putting N to the first residue, the column that indicates the coordinates has been flipped to the right. So, the first numbers could not be read by pdb2gmx. That is the source of the problem. However, thank you again.

-----Original Message-----
From: "Justin A. Lemkul" <jalemkul at vt.edu>
To: Discussion list for GROMACS users <gmx-users at gromacs.org>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 17:41:50 -0400
Subject: Re: Re: Re: [gmx-users] error with pdb2gmx when using AMBER ff in	GROMACS

Quoting OZGE ENGIN <OZENGIN at KU.EDU.TR>:

> Ok, it should be better to describe the problem in a more detailed way.
> I got this structure from Swiss-modeler program. I do not think I have a
> problem with the starting structure because I truncated the protein at some
> PRO residue, and got no error at all. So, there is something wrong about the
> nomenclature of the N terminus. I read things in the link, searched the web
> and made some discussion with my friend, but I could not find the source of
> the error :)

So have I got it correct that you truncated the N-terminus originally, and are
now adding residues back?  It still suggests to me that you've generated a poor
starting structure; the nomenclature should not be causing the issue.  Identify
which bonds pdb2gmx is warning you about (and the atoms involved), and evaluate
them with a viewer (VMD, etc).  Likely the model you've constructed has some
non-physical attributes.

-Justin