[gmx-users] Blue Gene/P

Hannes Loeffler h.loeffler at dl.ac.uk
Tue Apr 1 10:10:09 CEST 2008

Ok, here just a few numbers.

System: 52.000 atoms, coarse-grained, 500.000 steps

BlueGene/P: 16(procs) x 4(threads) = 64 tasks (or whatever they are
called)
   8x4   7.25 h
  16x4  11    h
  32x4  > 12  h (queue only allows <= 12 h)

BlueGene/L:
  16x2  10 h
  64x2  > 12 h

Note: the procs x threads figures above are the numbers I asked for.  It
may be possible that the scheduler distributes in a different manner.  I
don't now.

That's all I have for the moment.