[gmx-users] Error gmxtest

Nadia Gro nadia.gro at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 18:37:08 CEST 2008

Dear All,

I have compiled fftw3_3.0.1 in a specific user directory; then configured,
compiled gromacs-3.3.2 according to directions and installed it in the
specific directory, all without any errors, but at the end "make tests"
command fails, the output is:

(if test -d "gmxtest"; then cd "gmxtest"; ./gmxtest.pl all; cd ..; \
else echo "No gmxtest directory found. Please download and unpack it
here.";\
fi)
No gmxtest directory found. Please download and unpack it here.

In addition, after "make install" the note was:

"Make sure to update your PATH and MANPATH to find the
programs and unix manual pages, and possibly LD_LIBRARY_PATH
or /etc/ld.so.conf if you are using dynamic libraries."

Could you please let me know if my installation was successful despite "make
tests" message, and what should I do about the note on PATH and MANPATH? (I
do not have an extensive Linux skills, what file should I modify and how?)

Thank you very much in advance!

Nadia