[gmx-users] mpi error

Ragothaman Yennamalli ymr79in at yahoo.co.in
Fri Apr 11 12:07:42 CEST 2008

Dear all,
I had been running many runs of mdrun in a Sun opteron
cluster with each node having 4 processors.
When I ran my latest mdrun after 15ns run, I get the
following error and mdrun exits without any error
message on other log files.
mpiexec_compute-0-1.local: mpd_uncaught_except_tb
handling:
  exceptions.IOError: [Errno 5] Input/output error
    /home/deb/mpich2-install/bin/mpirun  1051
handle_cli_stderr_input
        sys.stderr.write(msg)
    /home/deb/mpich2-install/bin/mpdlib.py  762
handle_active_streams
        handler(stream,*args)
    /home/deb/mpich2-install/bin/mpirun  515  mpiexec
        rv =
streamHandler.handle_active_streams(timeout=1.0)
    /home/deb/mpich2-install/bin/mpirun  1423  ?
        mpiexec()

Please tell me how to troubleshoot this problem as it
repeated when ran again.

Waiting for your reply,

Regards,

Ragothaman