[gmx-users] water can't freeze

Erik Marklund erikm at xray.bmc.uu.se
Tue Apr 22 09:22:52 CEST 2008

I think you'll have to do it manually. The geometry for ice shouldn't be
too hard to find, and with that you can build your own coordinate file
for a chunk of ice. Ice is not the only nucleating agent for water
freezing though. In large scale nucleation protocols some silver
compound is used if I remember correctly. Still, nucleation reactions
are generally pretty slow in comparison to melting, so don't expect to
see much happening in the first hundreds of ps.

/Erik