[gmx-users] genbox memory problem

LuLanyuan lulanyuan at msn.com
Tue Apr 22 19:54:00 CEST 2008

Hello,
I have a problem about genbox command in GMX. I'm running genbox to randamly insert molecules. Because the probobility of successful insertion is low, I have to use a large number for the "-try" variable. After running genbox I found sometimes the memory cost increased gradually after each unsuccessful inserion attempt and finally went beyond the limit of hardware. The memory cost went back to a very small number after one successful insertion. I'm wondering if it's a memory leakage problem. In my unsterstanding the memory cost shouldn't increase after each unsuccessful insertion.  Is that because some momeory is not freed after each try?
Thanks.
Lanyuan Lu