[gmx-users] help with gromacs install in opensuse 64b

fabracht sdf fabracht at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 15:28:30 CEST 2008

> Thank you all very much for the help compiling fftw. It work all right
> but now i seem to have another problem. ./configure --enable-mpi for
> gromacs works fine, no errors. But make install....i must be doing
> something wrong. The errors come like this:
> It's the first time i am having this type of problems installing gromacs
> with mpi support. Any help here is welcome.

Typically, an MPI library constructs a wrapper around your usual C
compiler containing all the magic to compile MPI programs. It calls it
mpicc. You need it available on your PATH environment variable, or
otherwise you get the message you got...

> ../../../../libtool: line 1353: mpicc: command not found

Mark

Thanks a lot for the info Mark. I just have one last question.
If I have already compiled my mpi libraries (openmpi). How come gromacs
can't find it?
Maybe if I tried compiling a different package, like lam-mpi or something
like that?
Do you have any suggestions?