[gmx-users] Configure (beginner level question)

Florian Dommert dommert at fias.uni-frankfurt.de
Tue Apr 29 01:11:34 CEST 2008

Ramadas Sunil Pophale wrote:
> Dear gromacs users,
>
> In all likelyhood this subject has been beaten to death on this listserv,
> yet I have so far been unable to configure gormacs on red-hat-linux.
>
> It is looking for the fftw3.h, however, I have intel mkl library installed
> in /opt/intel/mkl
>
> I tried to configure using the following option,
>
> ./configure CPPFLAGS="-I/opt/intel/mkl/9.1.023/include"
> LDFLAGS="-L/opt/intel/mkl/9.1.023/lib"
>
> but it still keeps looking for fftw3.h Do I have to somehow make mkl as
> the default external FFT library? I would appreciate if somebody points
> out what I need to do here.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello,
there is a further configure option --with-fft=mkl. Perhaps this will
solve your problem.
However it is very useful to look what configure can do (./configure --help)

Best Regards

Flo

> Have a nice day!
>
> Regards,
>
> Ramdas Pophale.

Florian Dommert
Dipl.-Phys.

Computational and Theoretical Softmatter & Biophysics group

Frankfurt Institute for Advanced Studies
Johann-Wolfgang-Goethe University

Ruth-Moufang-Str. 1
60438 Frankfurt am Main

Phone: +49(0)69 / 798 - 47522