[gmx-users] Problems with parallelisation of GROMACS on a Mac Pro (OS X)

Alan alanwilter at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 08:58:40 CEST 2008

Steffen, if don't intend to use GMX double precision, why not use
Gromacs from FINK? It's all there. Use ommpi also, instead of lammpi
(seems broken in Fink too).

Then you can do something like:

#  with openmpi, for a dual core
grompp -f em.mdp -c Complex_b4em.pdb -p Complex.top -o em.tpr -np 2
om-mpirun -n 2 mdrun_mpi -v -deffnm em

grompp -f md.mdp -c em.gro -p Complex.top -o md.tpr -np 2 -sort -shuffle
om-mpirun -n 2 mdrun_mpi -v -deffnm md

Cheers,
Alan

--
Alan Wilter S. da Silva, D.Sc. - CCPN Research Associate
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge.