[gmx-users] dimerization problem

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 10:08:45 CEST 2008

Hi Prasun,

As a side-note to the replies of Justin and Florian, why not take the
following approach?:

1. run pdb2gmx on the monomer, giving structure and topology for one unit
(2. energy minimize in vacuum)
3. use editconf to make a transformed copy of the monomer
-- now, you know for sure that both are topologically identical --
4. concatenate the two chains; if it's pdb format just grep all ATOM
records from both files into a new file
5. modify Protein  1 to Protein  2 under [ molecules ] in the topology
6. setup a box and solvate and continue as usual

Hope it helps,

Tsjerk

Tsjerk A. Wassenaar, Ph.D.
Junior UD (post-doc)