[gmx-users] segmentation fault in g_anaeig

Inon Sharony InonShar at post.TAU.ac.IL
Mon Aug 4 11:03:19 CEST 2008

Thanks, Tsjerk, you're absolutely right. I looked at the bugzilla
reports about g_anaeig. Bug 30 was already fixed on my version of the
source (pre-compilation) code. Bug 198 might be still relevant since
it's status is listed as NEW and it hasn't been resolved yet. The
bugzilla listing is as follows:

Bug 198:

(quote:)

I encountered a segmentation fault when running g_anaeig, and found
out that it occurred when reading the eigenvectors. Apparently,
someone reported a similar problem for GMX 3.3.1. However, I looked
for the differences between the versions in eigio.c, and found out
that the original 3.3.1 code worked fine for me (under the specified
platform at least).

The changes I introduced:diff eigio.c eigio.org.c

110,112c110,112

  <   /* eignr=NULL;  */
  <   /* eigval=NULL; */
  <   /*eigvec=NULL; */
---
>   eignr=NULL;   eigval=NULL;   eigvec=NULL;

Best,

Ran.

(end quote)

I'm not sure I understand how to implement this change: Currently, in
the eigio.c file in my source code the three lines do appear. Should I
turn them into comment lines and re-compile?

For general reference, I'm running GROMACS 3.3.3 on an AMD 64-bit
quadrocore, running under Fedora 8 and using bash. Any further
relevant details will be  given happily.

Thanks again,

Inon.

Quoting "Tsjerk Wassenaar" <tsjerkw at gmail.com>:

> Hi Inon,
>
> Please be as complete as you can when posting questions. You've
> omitted the (probably) most important piece of information: what
> version are you using? (You might also want to include platform,
OS,

http://www.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2008-August/035535.html)