[gmx-users] gromos function type assigned by grompp

Romelia Salomon romelia at caltech.edu
Fri Aug 8 01:19:55 CEST 2008

Hi Justin

thanks for your email, yes I used the -pp option to print out the file I
showed here. I am using gromacs-3.3.3 and I compiled it just doing the
typical ./configure make make install and I checked and it's using cc as a
compiler.

What I was trying to do is to run a calculation using Gromos forcefield in
another program I have and I was trying to debug it by trying to match the
energy coming from gromacs using that same forcefield. I tried the -pp
option in grompp to show explicitly the parameters being used during the
calculation and that is how I got the file I showed. I tried the gmxdump
and that seems to be ok. I wrote my conversion file based on that file so
now it works fine :).

Just one last question, in the PRODRG website the gromacs topology files
generated have function 1 for both angles and bonds, that means that the
functions to be used are the regular harmonic form for both, right?

Thanks a lot for your time!!!

Romelia