[gmx-users] AMBER and gromacs atoms renaming

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 20:49:58 CEST 2008

Hi,

Well, sed's a good friend to have in these cases :)

e.g. converting lysine residue names:
sed -e 's/LYSH/LYP /' -e 's/LYS/LYN/' gromacs.pdb > amber.pdb

or converting the C7 of thymine to C5M:
sed -e 's/\(^.\{13\}C\)7  THY/\15M THY/' gromacs.pdb > amber.pdb

Note that this can be easily extended to give you a complete dictionary.
But with the other options given.., it's a matter of taste.

Cheers,

Tsjerk

On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 6:40 PM, Shay Amram <shayamra at post.tau.ac.il> wrote:
> Can this help?
> http://www.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2006-March/020599.html
> I found using the users-gmx mailing list archives (you should search the
> archive before posting):
> http://www.gromacs.org/component/option,com_wrapper/Itemid,165/
>
> If that doesn't solve your problem, you can always write some short PERL
> script to do
> the renaming for you.
>
> Good Luck,
> -Shay Amram