[gmx-users] translation

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Aug 11 21:45:00 CEST 2008

priyanka srivastava wrote:
> Dear Justin,
>
> Thanks a lot for replying back.
>
> These are the two things that I have tried but still the peptide does
> not come at the center:
>
> 1. trjconv -f complete_production.xtc -s test.tpr -o test.pdb -center
> zero -b 22000

The "-center zero" flag is not an option in 3.3.3, are you sure these are the
commands you gave, and you are using the version you think you are?

I'm thinking that there is too big of a difference from 0 to 22 ns to allow
trjconv accurately apply the fix.

Try this:

trjconv -f complete_production.xtc -s test.tpr -center

As a basic test, it should re-center your chosen group (Protein) every frame,
allowing an iterative fix of the motion.

> Select group for centering
> Protein
>
> Select group for output
> System
>
> 2. trjconv -f complete_production.xtc -s test.tpr -center zero -fit
> translation -b 22000 -o check2.pdb
> Select group for translational fit

Same comments as a above, if you don't process every frame (or at least a
reasonably spaced subset), the algorithm doesn't tend to give the desired
output, or so I have noticed with -center and -pbc options.

-Justin