[gmx-users] about how to set the environment variable

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 07:07:53 CEST 2008

Hi beibei,

When asking such questions, it is vital to provide information about
your OS. Linux, Windows, Mac? Do you use (ba)sh, (t)csh or some other
shell. Wouldn't hurt to understand a bit more about computers and
terminology if your research depends on them.

Linux:
(ba)sh: export GMX_NO_SOLV_OPT
(t)csh: setenv GMX_NO_SOLV_OPT

Windows:
Control Panel->System->Advanced->Environment Variables, add GMX_NO_SOLV_OPT
(Actually, on Windows, it should read: Firefox->http://www.ubuntu.com/
(or some other distro)->Download->Install->Install Gromacs; Then see
the above).

Tsjerk

2008/8/17 beibei <parabola1981 at yahoo.com.cn>:
> Hi, all
>      I read a message in the GROMACS mailing list, showing below:
>
>>Subject: RE: [gmx-users] cgnr
>
>>I have fixed the bug.
>
>>You can avoid the bug in the 3.3.1 release by setting the environment
>>variable:
>>GMX_NO_SOLV_OPT
>
>>Berk.
> which is from
> http://www.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2006-May/021486.html
>  I don't understand how to set the environment variable: GMX_NO_SOLV_OPT,
> and how to fix that bug. Thanks very much.
>

> beibei

Tsjerk A. Wassenaar, Ph.D.
Junior UD (post-doc)
Biomolecular NMR, Bijvoet Center