[gmx-users] problem with protein secondary structure analysis

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sun Aug 17 12:43:36 CEST 2008

Alright, so this is from your NVT run then, but what about NPT?  I'm guessing
somewhere along the line you introduced options regarding the .xtc file (I don't
see nstxtcout or xtc-grps here).  But then that's inconsistent with what you've
told us about what's in your trajectory!  Be very careful that you know what
you've assembled in the .xtc file, because from the .mdp file you've shown, no
.xtc file will be written, even though you say you've got one.

See what gmxcheck tells you about your .xtc file regarding number of frames and
number of atoms.  This will tell you if something is missing, or if something
you do not expect is actually in the .xtc file.

Certainly a lesson in being careful... :)

-Justin