[gmx-users] Re: temperature coupling for complex+ligand+water+ions

Alan alanwilter at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 11:55:05 CEST 2008

Thanks Justin for your reply.

In fact I did look that references and discussion you mentioned and actually
my e-mail was induced by them because I wanted to put some conclusions in a
straight bottom line. I've been even reading Amber manual about their
implementation for pressure and temperature coupling.

I believe that some of my questions should be only answered by running
several simulation with different approachs by myself but I also would like
to listen other's experience.

Unfortunately, wrong experiments never are published :-), and I've done
wrong simulations before and I want to avoid now.

I mean, for example for temperature coupling, that I probably should do one
bath for water + ions and another bath protein + ligand, and if Berendsen or
other, it wouldn't matter since I want to see nonbonded interactions between
ligand + protein.

Cheers,
Alan

--
Alan Wilter S. da Silva, D.Sc. - CCPN Research Associate
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge.