[gmx-users] rb1 test failed after recompiling gromacs 3.3.2

Nicolas Sapay nsapay at ucalgary.ca
Wed Aug 20 20:41:53 CEST 2008

Hello,

I've run the gmxtest on Gromacs-3.3.2. One simple test failed:

    Testing rb1 . . . *** glibc detected *** realloc(): invalid next
    size: 0x082c0180 ***
    sh: line 1: 27398 Aborted                 mdrun >mdrun.out 2>&1
    FAILED. Check files in rb1

And two complex tests failed as well:

    Testing acetonitrilRF . . . FAILED. Check files in acetonitrilRF
    Testing dec+water . . . FAILED. Check files in dec+water

In the case of the rb1 test, I checked all the .out .log files but found
anything wrong. For acetonitrilRF, I obtain this:

    Program mdrun, VERSION 3.3.2
    Source code file: network.c, line: 437

    Routine should not have been called:
    gmx_sumi
(with fixed rf_util.c) from the sources. For FFTW, I've used the
following command:

    ./configure --prefix /usr/export/fftw-3.1.2/ --enable-float
    --enable-threads CC=/usr/bin/gcc

And for Gromacs:

    ./configure --prefix /usr/export/gromacs-3.3.2 --without-x
    CC=/usr/bin/gcc CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/export/fftw-3.1.2/include/
    LDFLAGS=-L/usr/export/fftw-3.1.2/lib/

I have rerun the test but I still obtain the same error with the rb1
test (and the dec+water test). Can someone explain to me what the it
means exactly and how to fix it? (I guess it's related to the
Ryckaert-Bellemans potential?).

    Thanks,
    Nicolas

ps: I'm using RHE 4.7 and gcc 3.4.6