[gmx-users] Re: trjconv error

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 10:02:12 CEST 2008

You seem not to get it... I specifically chew out for you that you
need to give a listing using the command ls -l. That will also show
what the size of the file is. This is completely pointless this way!
Also, you only now state the command you gave.

Now, rereading the first mail, it also said ..time 3.5, so it didn't
bail out directly as I thought initially, but read a few frames. Now
you'll probabaly go "right, suits you for not reading my mail
thoroughly", but that's not what this list is about. You want
something from us, so you'll have to facilitate. We read dozens and
dozens of mails, checking if we can give a hand or pointer somewhere,
so pardon us for scanning superficially. For instance, your first mail
would've been much clearer if you'd given the command as you used it
and the complete output of it. Also, get used to do as much as
possible yourself. Something wrong with a trajectory? Run gmxcheck,
that's what it's for. That gives you an error? Check the
archives/wiki. Is the size of the file consistent with a trajectory of
as many frames as you get? Bummer, trajectory corrupt, crash, harddisk
full, or something along those lines. You'll have to redo the
simulation. Are you sure there are more frames? You can track down
another post of mine from yesterday or the day before (keyword split).

I recall having already sent this link:

But I don't find anything that gives me the impression that it has
been read. Please do, for your own benefit.

Regards,

Tsjerk