[gmx-users] Accessing the distance_restraints energy term

Chris Neale chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Mon Dec 1 19:27:53 CET 2008

Thanks Mark for your assistance.

I have discovered the source of my problems in getting distance_restraints working.
Without disre=simple in the mdp file, disre=no is assumed and, according to the manual:

"no distance restraints (ignore distance restraint information in topology file)"

While I admit that this information was readily available to me, it is so counter-intuitive to me
that a defined distance restraint would simply be ignored that I am posting the solution here
in case anybody else gets confused on this topic.

Chris.