[gmx-users] error while compiling gromacs 4.0.2

Ragothaman Yennamalli ymr79in at yahoo.co.in
Thu Dec 4 11:08:08 CET 2008

Dear all,
While compiling gromacs 4.0.2 in a AMD 64bit dual processor system, I encounter the following error while configuring:

checking size of int... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (int)
See `config.log' for more details.

Please let me know where I have gone wrong. I am pasting the entire messages below:

[nsrao at dragon gromacs-4.0.2]$ ./configure --enable-mpi --enable-float
checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking for gawk... gawk
checking how to create a ustar tar archive... gnutar
checking for cc... cc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether cc accepts -g... yes
checking for cc option to accept ISO C89... none needed
checking dependency style of cc... gcc3
checking dependency style of cc... gcc3
checking for mpxlc... no
checking for mpicc... mpicc
checking whether the MPI cc command works... yes
checking for catamount... no
checking how to run the C preprocessor... mpicc -E
checking whether mpicc accepts -O3... yes
checking whether mpicc accepts -funroll-all-loops... yes
checking whether mpicc accepts  -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -finline-functions -Wall -Wno-unused -funroll-all-loops... yes
checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... no
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... no
checking for int... yes
checking size of int... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (int)
See `config.log' for more details.

Thanks in advance,

With Kind Regards,

Ragothaman