[gmx-users] how to set up a rigid system

Yang Ye leafyoung at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 9 03:12:09 CET 2008

Hi,

Constraints could be in the form of bond or direct constraints (often, in
Gromacs, bonds are treated as constraints). As shown in
http://www.gromacs.org/documentation/reference/online/top.html, you may
write top file as following:

;
;	Example topology file
;
[ defaults ]
; nbfunc        comb-rule       gen-pairs       fudgeLJ fudgeQQ
  1             1               no              1.0     1.0

; The force field files to be included

#include "rt41c5.itp"

[ moleculetype ]
; name  nrexcl
ABC         3

[ atoms ]
;   nr    type   resnr  residu    atom    cgnr  charge
     1       A       1     ABC      C1       1	 0.683
     2       B       1     ABC      O2       1	-0.683
     3       C       1     ABC      N3       2	-0.622

[ bonds ]
;  ai    aj funct           c0           c1
    1     2     1 1.000000e-01 0.1
    2     3     1 1.000000e-01 0.1
    1     3     1 1.000000e-01 0.1

c0 is the distance in nm. for c1, put a relative large value to make it
stiff.

Yang Ye

--
Regards,