[gmx-users] DNA will not stay in the middle of the box

Nicolas nsapay at ucalgary.ca
Thu Dec 11 06:09:35 CET 2008

Benjamin Woiczikowski a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I simulate DNA molecules in water with counterions. To keep the DNA in the
> middle of the box I had the following options in the input file:
>
> comm_mode = angular
> comm_grps=dna

I think this question has been already addressed for proteins. Anyway,
removing the COM motions of only one component of your system is very
probably a bad idea. You should rather use position restraints. If you
look in the mailing-list or the manual, you will quickly find how to do
that.

Regards,
Nicolas