[gmx-users] problem with center of mass removal, rest-group, all gmx versions

Michael Brunsteiner mbx0009 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 11 11:00:45 CET 2008

David van der Spoel wrote:

> If your system contains 6508 this is the whole system and that should
> not be the cause of the lincs problem.

obviously this is how far you got in reading my mail ;) ... since
a few lines further down (see below) i wrote explicitly that my
system is much larger than 6508 atoms ... anyway, I don't think
the COM removal is the reason why my system blows up, this is probably
merely a book-keeping problem, but its strange anyway, i wonder where
gmx takes this number from... a domain decomposition issue ?? (i run
parallel jobs on four nodes, and my system has 26030 atoms, which is
about four times as many atoms as gmx seems to believe there are ...