[gmx-users] Re: DNA will not stay in the middle of the box (Nicolas)

Benjamin Woiczikowski p.woiczikowski at tu-bs.de
Thu Dec 11 15:35:22 CET 2008

Hi again,

I am aware that it is not quite physical to do so, but in this particular
project it really helps to use such a protocol.

Indeed, it worked perfectly in 3.3, so why should that not work with 4.0? May
there be a bug in 4.0?

Regards,
Ben

>I think this question has been already addressed for proteins. Anyway,
>removing the COM motions of only one component of your system is very
>probably a bad idea. You should rather use position restraints. If you
>look in the mailing-list or the manual, you will quickly find how to do
>that.
>
>Regards,
>Nicolas

>> Hi,
>>
>> I simulate DNA molecules in water with counterions. To keep the DNA in the
>> middle of the box I had the following options in the input file:
>>
>> comm_mode = angular
>> comm_grps=dna
>>
> > For the old version (3.3.2) it worked but now (4.0.2) there are warnings
and
>> at the end the DNA doens't stay in the middle of the box.
>>
>> Can somebody help?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ben

Paul Benjamin Woiczikowski
Department of Physical and Theoretical Chemistry
Technische Universität Braunschweig
Hans-Sommer Strasse 10
D-38106 Braunschweig
Germany