[gmx-users] Free energy of transfer with accuracy

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Thu Dec 11 17:06:50 CET 2008

Hi David,

I found this comment quite interesting:

"Also, if your C60 is hollow, I can imagine that it might
exclude solvent atoms from the inside, in which case you are going to
have a big convergence issue as solvent begins to interpenetrate with
the C60, which may lead to "noise" problems when this starts to
happen, whatever soft core functional form you use. This just means
you will need to run longer simulations in this regime."

Which makes sense. Do you know a reference for this phenomenon?

Thanks,
Chris.