[gmx-users] pbc

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Dec 12 12:54:47 CET 2008

shahrbanoo karbalaee wrote:
> Dear justin
> thank you.I read pbc subject.and I know that  it solve trjconv  .now
> if I use trjconv after premd . is it still right.?

There is no need.  Come to terms with the fact that there is no "inside" or
"outside" of a periodic box, no "left" or "right."  There is no need to
manipulate your structures with trjconv between simulations.  Just allow
periodicity to do its job.  For rendering purposes, yes, use trjconv to align
your solute how you like, but for simulation purposes, don't bother.

-Justin

> best

Justin A. Lemkul
Graduate Research Assistant