[gmx-users] trjconv_d

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Dec 15 19:21:03 CET 2008

Alessandro.Maiorana at roma2.infn.it wrote:
> I proved the following commands:
>
> trjconv_d -f filename.trr -o newfile.trr -s struct.gro -pbc nojump
> trjconv_d -f filename.trr -o newfile.trr -s struct.gro -fit rot+trans
> trjconv_d -f filename.trr -o newfile.trr -s struct.gro -pbc whole -center
> trjconv_d -f filename.trr -o newfile.trr -s struct.gro -pbc mol -ur compact
>
> but I'm not able to obtain that which desire. If I put the protein at the
> center of box, the water begin to translate and rotate. This effect is
> same as deja vu, only that case change the actor (after protein, next
> water). What can I do? Thanks for the help.

What is it that you want?  Your first message said this was a problem using VMD,
that your system could not be visualized correctly.  Seems to me that if the
protein's movement is the problem, then any of the above should be adequate.

If you are trying to correct for periodicity for all species in the system
(protein and water) then a few iterations of trjconv may be necessary, i.e.
-center (on protein), followed by -pbc nojump or -pbc mol -ur compact.  Using
trjconv is a bit hit-or-miss, and just requires a bit of playing to get things
working how you want them.

If you actually want to measure distances (from your previous mail), then leave
the trajectory alone and use g_dist.

-Justin