[gmx-users] Gromacs 4 with mpi interface

Manik Mayur manik.mayur at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 16:53:57 CET 2008

I am not sure that mdrun_mpi or for that matter mdrun with options -np 2
-multi 1 (I have a core 2 duo machine) is actually running the process
parallely, as the estimated time for completion for a simulation is the same
as without.

I have built open-mpi library, so do I have to make some changes at its
configuration level(even if I am using single machine with multiple core
processor)? Like adding localhost and the no. of nodes. If yes, then can
anybody help me with that.

Also, for the information, mdrum_mpi or mdrun with relevant options shows
NNODES=1. why?

Thanks,
Manik