[gmx-users] Urea topology problem

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Dec 18 19:48:42 CET 2008

Rebeca García Fandiño wrote:
> Hello,
> I don´t understand the correction I should do from itp.
> I have removed from the urea original urea.itp these lines,

The error message was that grompp couldn't find masses for these atoms.  The
correct format should include a mass column after the charge column (see, for
example, your protein topology from pdb2gmx).  I guess the manual needs a bit of
revision.

<snip>

> Following Chapter 5 in the manual (page 102), the file described for
> urea.itp is the same as mine. For the topology (page 103)
> #include "ffgmx.itp" is used, but I don´t see any more different.
> With this modification in the urea.itp I get the same error. Any idea of
> what could be the problem?

As a general warning, don't use ffgmx.  It is deprecated.  Stick with Gromos96,
as you had initially intended.

-Justin