[gmx-users] Parallel run on a Quad Core

Chitrita Dutta Roy chitrita.md at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 17:12:02 CET 2008

I tried that way it basically creates 4 jobs and takes hold of 4 cpus but
the problem is that it shows to take more time than it would normally
without mpirun..and not only that a weird thing starts happening.Once being
progressed to some steps it retreats back again to an older one and
sometimes it just loops around in that fashion calculating practically the
same set of steps over and over again.

I somehow feel that the tpr file which is needed for the mdrun was not built
properly to run on 4 separate cores simultaneously.ANd that is why maybe
actually the 4 cores are running the same copy of the program and so the
same steps.And what i see is kinda race condition.I guess i compiled it
properly with mpi so..now i am helpless.

Thanks for your help.Waiting for some more.