[gmx-users] Fw: CAN'T CALCULATE THE ENERGY OF SYSTEM ONLY

radhika jaswal jaswalradhika at yahoo.co.in
Fri Dec 26 10:05:44 CET 2008

Respected Sir,

As u suggested I did the same, but I was unable to calculate it. I used
make_ndx in which I selected protein and then I used with grompp with
-n option but the energy it is showing is of the whole system not of
the protein only.

To mke it clear suppose if I have a protein A and solvent system B. I
want to simulate the system A + B but I want the energy of A separately
with the co-ordinates of A as in A + B and then energy of B with its
original co-ordinates in A + B as I want to compare the different
conformational states of a protein because editconf or genbox adds
unequal number of water molecules. OR I have a method to add same
number of water molecules to every state as water molecules which are
not interacting also contribute towards energy parameter.

THANKS SIR

Radhika

       Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy!  Invite them now.