[gmx-users] About 8 core CPUs platform

Jussi Lehtola jussi.lehtola at helsinki.fi
Mon Dec 29 10:23:15 CET 2008

On Mon, 2008-12-29 at 09:11 +0100, David van der Spoel wrote:
> > We choose VMD to visualize the result of the molecular dynamics
> > simulation. What display card can be used well in Fedora 8 Linux?
> Any modern NVidia or ATI graphics card should be fine.

Also, Fedora 8 is EOLing in January, so you might want to consider
updating to a newer distribution.

For simulation systems I'd recommend CentOS (http://www.centos.org, a
Red Hat Enterprise Linux clone), which you don't have to reinstall that
often - it has a 7 year support cycle.
Jussi Lehtola, FM, Tohtorikoulutettava
Fysiikan laitos, Helsingin Yliopisto
jussi.lehtola at helsinki.fi, p. 191 50632
Mr. Jussi Lehtola, M. Sc., Doctoral Student
Department of Physics, University of Helsinki, Finland
jussi.lehtola at helsinki.fi